One of the ways Hampstead Dental provides no-wait, efficient service to our patients is through the use of chair-side computers.
A computer in each treatment room gives the doctor, the staff and the patient access to all patient records, X-rays, previous restorations, and images of the patient’s teeth and gums obtained from the intraoral camera.
Advantages to Chairside Computers
Chairside computers are useful for a number of reasons and are available to enhance your dental experience. Common uses of computers in the treatment room include:
- Digital Imagery – Through the use of digital photography and computer imaging technology, we can give you a vision of what your new smile will look like after any number of different types of restorations, to help you make the choice that best fits your needs – and your budget!
- The ability to demonstrate outcomes, using the suggested course of treatment for your dental condition.
- Recording patient notes, entering treatment plans, and updating treatment progress in “real time,” so there is a complete and accurate record of every dental visit.
- An invitation to our patients to become “partners” with us in their care, so they feel knowledgeable and empowered when they make decisions about their treatment.
- The ability to have the patient’s dental images projected on a screen, for constant reference, as we perform a specific procedure.
- An educational resource to provide our patients with information about their condition and possible treatment options.
At Hampstead Dental, we believe that it is important to make full use of the latest technologies that can assist the staff and our patients in making educated decisions about their dental care. These technologies can also facilitate access to a patient’s most current information, digital images and X-rays to allow the appointment to progress smoothly and enhance the dental experience for the patient.
Should you have any questions about the use of our computers or if you wish to schedule an appointment please give us a call. We’d love to show you our latest technology, put into practice to serve you!